Day 11 – הַיּוֹם אַחַד עָשָׂר יוֹם שֶׁהֵם שָׁבוּעַ אֶחָד וְאַרְבָּעָה יָמִים לָעמֶֹר
For David said, “The LORD God of Israel has given rest to His people, and He dwells in Jerusalem forever.
He said, “O LORD, the God of Israel, there is no god like You in heaven or on earth, keeping covenant and showing lovingkindness to Your servants who walk before You with all their heart
“Want to bet on a sure thing?”
Many people find a thrill in gambling and risk taking. Placing a bet may be fun and innocent but might also be sinful and addictive. There are no risks in trusting the Lord. Circumstances might make it feel hard or unthinkable to trust in the Lord but a truthful and wise heart will always lean on the Lord. How do you build this kind of faithfulness toward God? How do we know that what God decreed will actually come to pass?
- Think about the surety that God gives for His promises. How do you know that His promises apply to you?
- Discuss with a friend or family member the fears you have in “going all in” with the Lord.
- How does fear of loss cause us to lose focus on God’s faithfulness?
- How do we see serving God as a risk? What do we fear losing?
- In the Bible, what kind of things are we to do with our whole heart?
Resources for Day 11 of Counting the Omer
Video Devotional – Making Connections During This Season:
[powerpress url=”https://new.beithallel.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Day_11.mp4″ width=”100%” height=”auto”]