• Light the first candle Thursday Evening, Dec 10, making Friday (Dec 11) the 1st Day of Hanukkah.
• On Shabbat, Dec 12, we will celebrate the 2nd day of Hanukkah together.
• After lunch, we will discuss the meaning and joy of the Festival, read the story of Hanukkah, etc.
• Bring dreidels if you want to join in others in playing the traditional game.
• Bring your Hanukkiah and candles with you to light the 3rd candle together following havdalah.
• We will be eating a potluck dinner together after havdalah, so bring a main dish, and either a dessert or salad to share.
• The “Light of the World” (John 8:12; 9:5), our Lord & Savior Yeshua, celebrated the “Festival of Lights,” as we read in John’s Gospel:
“At that time the Feast of the Dedication took place at Jerusalem; it was winter,
and Yeshua was walking in the temple in the portico of Solomon.” (Jn 10:22–23)